
So, whenever I hear that song come on, I just want to jump up and drop everything I'm doing and dance around wildly. Doing African dances. Yah know. Bahahahahahahaha. Anyways...
but the thing is, when you think about it, you're just kinda amazed that you are able to listen to songs with such dumb and sometimes very profane lyrics. But the tune just takes you away, and you want to partayyyyyyyyyy. Hehe.
but the thing is, when you think about it, you're just kinda amazed that you are able to listen to songs with such dumb and sometimes very profane lyrics. But the tune just takes you away, and you want to partayyyyyyyyyy. Hehe.
Oh by the way, I looked up "bumblebee" online to find a picture, and the search on Google Images only came up with cars...
But yes. I remember when "Black and Yellow" first came out, I was really excited because I thought it was going to be a song about black and Asian people uniting and being awesome together mwahahahahaha but then I looked up the lyrics, which were a little something like this...
"Yeah, uh huh, you know what it is
Black and yellow, black and yellow
Black and yellow, black and yellow
Yeah uh huh, you know what it is
everything I do, I do it big
Yeah uh huh, screaming thats nothin
when I pulled out of the lot, thats stuntin
reppin my town when you see me you know everything
Black and yellow, black and yellow
Black and yellow, black and yellow
I put it down from my whip to my diamonds
Black and yellow, black and yellow
Black and yellow, black and yellow
Black and yellow, black and yellow
Uh, black stripe, yellow paint... "
Well, alright then I guess? How pointless. So I dunno what I'm trying to say right now, but it's just interesting how when you're at a party, you don't even think about the lyrics and just yell them out. But then later you realize just how dreadful the words are. Which is why, even though I still have tons of pop and hiphop on my iPod, I'm starting to lean towards mellower music.
For example, Vanessa Carlton and Owl City and Brendan James and Regina Spektor and Lenka and Florence + The Machine.
I mean, I still have Lonely Island and Ke$ha and Taio Cruz. But yah know.
And remember, they're called song artists because they are supposed to be making art...with SONG. HAHA. Ahem.
One of my favorites? "More Than This" by Vanessa Carlton.
"Cradling stones hold fire bright
As crickets call out to the moonlight
As you lean in to steal a kiss
I'll never need more than this
We all share the pain of our histories
But the ache goes away if you could see
This night under stars, well, I call it peace
If you say, I'll never need more than this
The trees grow so thick
You can barely see through
But the forest bestows the simplest of truths
You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
But the truth is you'll never need more,
You'll never need more
You'll never need more than this."
Now tell me that isn't art.
:) I like Regina spektor and Florence + the machine :) just letting you know and btws I like your blog :)
ReplyDelete